We are seeking a full-time Community Health Ed- Overdose Prevention Educator for the Fairfield office.
- Position requires a master’s degree in community health education; OR requires a bachelor’s degree with courses in community education with areas of concentration in the behavioral and biological sciences, and experiences in community health education and /or substance abuse and addiction education; OR Be an incumbent approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health currently employed as a Health Educator as of the effective date of these specifications.
- Works with the coordinator to plan, organize and conduct overdose prevention programs for participating agencies.
- Speaks before various community groups; prepares lecture materials and resource lists.
- Attend community health or substance use coalition meetings throughout the service area.
- Educate the community about the current heroin/opioid epidemic and overdose prevention.
- Attend regional meetings and trainings in regards to overdose prevention and the heroin/opioid epidemic.
- Develop educational and promotional materials; work with coordinator and other program staff in the development of social marketing messages and materials.