Substance Use Prevention Services (SUPS)
Egyptian Health Department provides a variety of substance use prevention services that focus on youth and adults. We have evidence-based programs and can create presentations based on the needs of the youth or adults.
Examples of Curriculum
- Project Alert
- Project ALERT is an evidenced-based and age-appropriate substance use prevention curriculum that has been proven effective in decreasing experimentation with drugs among teens and in reducing drug use among teens who experiment. Through its lessons, Project ALERT encourages students not to use drugs while also providing them with skills they can use to resist drugs.
- For more information: https://www.projectalert.com/
- My Generation Rx
- My Generation Rx is a national initiative to educate and promote safe medication practices to help prevent the misuse of prescription medications. The program is interactive and includes hands on activities that teach teens safe medication practices in addition to learning new skills on how to turn down the invitation to misuse and how to engage in positive alternatives to misusing prescription medications.
- For more information: https://generationrx.org/toolkits/teen/
- Adult Focused Programs
- Egyptian Health Department can provide interactive and educational programs that provide adults insights into current trends in youth substance misuse as well as provide resources on how to talk to your kids about substance misuse.